Nov 18, 2009 More

~Eva
Canada Dry is just a ginger ale soda. It has no affiliation with beer that I know of. Your letter amused me greatly. ;) By your logic though, all soda should look like beer because they're in aluminum cans.
I don't know if I can recieve picture attachments, I think you'll have to send me one to test it out.
I fell down last week and scraped my knee on the pavement. I thought it was funny because you had that experience where you couldn't kneel to pray very well because you hurt your knee. It's scabbed over now and I can kneel on it okay, but it was hurting for the first couple of days. :P

~Jessie
:D If you can, just give mom the mac makeup and tile and have her put it in my top dresser drawers.

~Mom
My estimated leave date is January 4th. It may vary from that, but it's most likely going to be the first week of January unless I get visa issues.
The first aid kit that I was going to bring had all the normall stuff in it, but I also added a bug bite treatment stick that we bought in the camping section, and I added a bunch of antihistime pills and decongestant pills in case I get a bit sick. I was thinking that I should probably have some women vitamin supplements too, because it may be hard to get calcium and other stuff in the Philippines. Neosporin would be nice too. :)

~Dad
:) Getting dear elder.com letters has meant a lot to me! It doesn't matter if you send real letters or not.

~Emily
I want to see pictures of you in your new dresses! :)

~Everyone
Kumusta!!
(If anyone knows 2tricks email, go ahead and tell me. The one I have right now is the one he posted on facebook.)
This has been my second week here in the MTC. Here's a little backround information I never really got around to last week. I have 4 Elders in my district. I'm the only Sister in my district, so I'm a "solo" sister. I can either be with my residence hall companion, Sister Dustin, or be with a companionship of Elders from my district. Sister Dustin's district is ginormous, with 19 Elders and herself. They've been fun to have around in the hallways so we can practice Cebuano together. They've been here for 8 weeks already, so they're leaving next week. I'll probably be reassigned to another companion. :(
I'll refer to my district as Elder A, Tr, Ta, and B. :)

Most of the Cebuano speakers are going to the Cebu mission in the Philippines. A few are going to Tacloban. This week I heard that Cebuano isn't used as much in Tacloban as in Cebu. We're probably going to have to learn Tagalog and another dialect called Warai warai. So I started getting all worried, until Sister Dustin reminded me that the Lord is on my side and all things are possible. :)

Yesterday, Elder A went to the hospital. He was having some problems with his digestive system. :( We're waiting to see how he is.

We're going to the temple today! I'm probably going to say that in every email because we go to the temple the same day that I get to email home. ;)

It was a bit hard at first to always be studying and always on the go, but now I have a desire to always be learning, and there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to read the Book of Mormon and Preach My Gospel. Of course there's the language to learn as well. This week our teaching appointment is to go door to door and speak Cebuano to learn about people's families. Afterwards, we'll be teaching the first lesson about the Restoration of the Gospel.

If you guys have any questions, send them to me at Dearelder.com, and I'll try to answer them in the weekly mail. I get the letters pretty much the same day that you send them. :) If you don't know my mission information try asking my sister who's in charge of forwarding the emails from me. :)

I love you all! But I only have a minute or so left on my email timer, so I'm heading off. Bye byeee! <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am a LDS sister missionary serving in the Philippines Tacloban area. I made this blog so that I may share my experiences with my friends and loved ones and anyone who may need to hear my story. My sister will be updating this blog with letters that I'll be writing home.